Your Home Away from Home
You’ve worked hard and now it’s time to relax
If you’re considering a Vacation or 2nd Home, you’ve achieved a measure of wealth, established a significant level of consistent earnings – or both. You’ve likely worked hard for many years and you’re now ready to enjoy the fruit of your labor. Congratulations! While you research 2nd home destinations and review your investment strategies, there are many things to consider.
Find a 2nd home location that fits your budget
We’ve all heard of vacation destinations like Martha’s Vineyard, Key West, Aspen, Scottsdale, Lake Tahoe, etc. – destinations some folks dream of and aspire to call home. While these are wonderful places, they’re a bit pricy. Don’t be discouraged. Interesting and affordable options exist. Examples are: St. Augustine, FL, Sandpoint, ID, Portland, ME, Kalispell, MT, Beaufort, SC, or Sheridan, WY. Take a look.
Ask all the right questions
- How often will you visit your vacation home and how far away must you travel?
- Can friends and family easily and affordably travel to the destination to be with you?
- What are the costs to maintain the home, and will you rent the home at times or carry all expenses?
- What is the resale market like and could you sell the home without difficulty in the future?
Vacation home alternatives
Some people want to vacation in more than one location. Some people like one place to call home, with their own furniture and personal items. There are timeshares or vacation plans, yet they may be hard to sell in the future. You could consider a rental program. Enjoy your property for 4-6 weeks per year and place it in a rental plan for the balance of the year. There are many options. Consider each carefully.
The benefits: Special places bring special memories
Special memories with family & friends are an integral part of owning a 2nd home – and possibly the greatest benefit of all. You’ll be able to escape to a special place with those who are dear to you, to enjoy some recreation, adventure or to simply relax together in a quiet place for a while. Surely there will be many wonderful moments, and these special memories will be cherished for years to come.
Vacation and 2nd Homes Gallery
- Denver, CO, Riverfront Park Neighborhood
- Wolf Ranch, Colorado Springs, CO
- Pelican Bay at Naples, Florida
- Circle Cross Ranch by Pulte Homes
- Beaufort, Port Royal & Sea Islands of South Carolina
- Trilogy Lake Norman, near Charlotte, NC
- The Ramble Biltmore Forest, Asheville, NC
- The Cliffs at Walnut Cove, Asheville, NC
- One Source For Home Related Searches