Making Your Home Special with Creativity & Character
Stir your creativity
It’s your home so dream big or dream small, but make it your own. That’s the beauty of planning a home project, you can let your imagination lead you. Your goal is to create a look & feel that makes your home unique and charming. To stir your creativity, visit new home models in your community or visit re-sale Open Houses in your neighborhood to see what others have done. Gather ideas from paint to décor.
Home projects gallery
View our Home Projects Gallery below. Whether you’re adding a room, painting, decorating, or building an outdoor patio for entertaining, it’s helpful to see a variety of photos to get some ideas. We've included multiple images, designs, colors, and architectural selections for you to browse. As you embark on your project just remember, it’s not a sprint it’s a marathon. Take your time and focus on quality.
How to proceed
Once you’ve gained vision for your project you should meet with several reputable contractors to review your plans. Listen to their suggestions and compare their bids before you proceed. You may choose to do some of the work yourself, or hire out the entire job, that’s up to you. If budget requires you to do some of the work, seek assistance from family pros. Make sure all contractors are licensed and insured.
Take your time and expect delays
Home projects seldom run on time, or on budget. You can reduce stress with proper planning and solid communication with all parties involved in your project. Get details in writing and review them in person if possible with the contractor or others you are depending on to complete the job. If you’re doing the work yourself, proceed with caution. There’s also less risk of injury when you pace yourself.
Review plans with city or county to obtain permits
Are permits required for your project? Are you required to obtain approval from a Home Owners Association? Check with all authorities, especially if you are adding on to your home. Most municipalities require a permit for work to ensure building codes and safety measures are addressed. Fines and penalties, or removal of the structures just added are never fun so ask before you task!
When you make improvements to your home, you’re making a significant investment. Carefully evaluate the costs to complete your home projects. Inquire with a Realtor or property appraiser to determine the estimated value of your home with improvements completed. If you’re within the value range of your neighborhood, great. If your projected value will be well above your neighborhood, limit improvements.
Home Projects Gallery
- Renovate Your Kitchen Without a Complete Overhaul
- Garden Gurus Share Favorite Trends
- Home Improvement: Best Bang for the Buck
- 20 Home Safety and Comfort Tips
- Top Five Reasons to Use a Complete Roofing System
- Wallpaper and Murals: Comeback Kids
- The Range of Floor Coverings Expands
- FORMICA: New Take on an Old Affordable Favorite
- Rooms with a View Outdoors
- Professional-grade Kitchen for Amateur Price
- Modular Construction, A Modern Remodeling Method
- Cabinets: Top of the List for Every Kitchen
- DIY an Organized Closet
- The UpSkill Project
- Trendy Rustic Look the Easy Way
- Snap App and SnapDry by Sherwin-Williams
- Kitchen Organization Tips
- Screened Porches
- Glass Wall Systems Expand Your Interior Living Area
- Top bathroom trends for 2017
- Contemporary Style Taking Over the Kitchen
- Emerging Product: Onduvilla Sustainable Roof Tiles
- Home Projects & Contractors
SHARE THIS PAGE